Lederman Kwartowitz Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine provides you and your family with the finest orthopedic care available, including fractures, athletic injuries, and chronic conditions.
We specialize in arthroscopic surgery and joint replacement of the knee, hip, and shoulder, using minimally invasive surgical procedures and MLS laser therapy to reduce pain and recovery time. MLS laser therapy kick starts the healing process after surgery and benefits patients with chronic pain and swelling. Additionally, our staff has extensive experience helping patients with work or automobile-related injuries.
If a physician has told you that surgery is needed, here some of the top questions to ask your orthopedic surgeon:
- Are you Fellowship Trained in Orthopedics?
- How much improvement can I expect from my surgery?
- Will you provide me with either written materials or videotapes about this surgery and/or other pre-operative counseling?
- What type of anesthesia will be used and what are the risks?
- Which, if any, medications will I need to stop taking prior to surgery?
- How long will I be in the hospital and will I need to go to a rehabilitative center after the surgery or will I be able to go home?
- What are the signs of these complications?
- On average, how many of these surgeries are done annually at the hospital with which you are affiliated?
- How soon after surgery will I start physical therapy?
- How much post-operative pain can I expect and what medication will I be given for pain?
- Will I need to arrange for any type of at-home assistance and if so, for how long and will my medical insurance cover this?
- What are the risks involved with this type of surgery and how common are they? What types of complications might occur after surgery?
- What limits will there be on activities, such as bathing, driving, diet and other routine physical activity and if so for how long?
- How long will I be out of work and when can I drive?
- For how long and how often will I need to return for follow-up visits?