Collin J. O’Keefe, DO
Board-Certified, Fellowship-Trained Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Collin O’Keefe joined LKO in August 2015, immediately following his fellowship training. He earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame and his doctor of osteopathy degree from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
“I chose orthopedics because I enjoy treating injuries and restoring a patient’s function. Often in medicine, we are only able to treat symptoms of a disease rather than produce a cure. I feel orthopedics is one of the few specialties in which we are able to fix the root cause of a problem. There is no better feeling than treating a patient and helping them get back to the things they previously enjoyed" - Dr. O'Keefe
His primary field of interest is sports medicine and joint preservation in the active patient. He is fellowship trained in orthopedic sports medicine, with experience in knee and shoulder arthroscopy, trauma care and fractures, and osteoarthritis and joint replacement.
As Michigan natives, Dr. O’Keefe and his wife chose to remain in the metro Detroit area to be close to both sides of their family. When he’s not working, he’s most often with his wife and two daughters. As a third-generation graduate of Notre Dame, Dr. O’Keefe is passionate about Fighting Irish football and also enjoys playing golf with friends.
Education & Training
- Medical Degree: Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, East Lansing, Michigan
- Internship (Chief Intern): Garden City Hospital, Garden City, Michigan
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency (Chief Resident): Garden City Hospital, Garden City, Michigan
- Sports Medicine Orthopedic Surgery Fellowship: Detroit Medical Center
- Board Certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- Michigan Osteopathic Association
- Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital, Commerce Township, MI
- Ascension Providence Hospital, Novi Campus (formerly Providence Park Hospital), Novi, MI
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills (formerly Botsford Hospital), Farmington Hills, MI
Meet Dr. Collin O'Keefe