Stephen C. Hyman, MD
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Doctor
Board Certified in PM&R
Dr. Stephen C. Hyman received his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan and his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School.
Practicing since 1991, Dr. Hyman is board certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine. Prior to joining Lederman Kwartowitz Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine in 2019, Dr. Hyman practiced at Rehabilitation Physicians, PC in Novi, Michigan for nearly 28 years.
As a physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) specialist (also referred to as a “physiatrist”), Dr. Hyman often diagnoses and evaluates patients with back or neck pain, joint pain, sports injuries, stroke, and traumatic brain injuries. His primary goal is to help maximize function, often through focused physical therapy, medication, and nonoperative interventions.
Education & Training
- Medical Degree: University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Internship: Sinai Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency (Chief Resident): Sinai Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Michigan Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- American Medical Association
- United Cerebral Palsy Athletic Association
- Garden City Hospital, Garden City, MI
- Straith Hospital for Special Surgery, Southfield, MI
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills (formerly Botsford Hospital), Farmington Hills, MI