Mark Kwartowitz, DO
Board-Certified, Fellowship-Trained Orthopedic Surgeon & Sports Medicine Doctor
Dr. Mark Kwartowitz received his undergraduate degree from Michigan State University and his doctor of osteopathy degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Practicing since 2002, Dr. Kwartowitz has extensive general orthopedic and sports medicine experience, including upper and lower extremities. He also specializes in minimally invasive knee, hip, and shoulder surgery.
Using the latest technology and minimally invasive surgical procedures, Dr. Kwartowitz helps patients return to the activities they enjoy with minimal downtime and pain. He and Dr. Lederman are the first orthopedic surgeons in a major metropolitan area in the country to use MLS laser therapy.
Dr. Kwartowitz is an avid runner and Ironman triathlete, most recently finishing the Louisville Ironman in October of 2018 in the top 20% of his age group. Through his personal experience in sports, he knows the importance of effectively addressing athletic-related injury and returning patients to their optimal condition.
Education & Training
- Medical Degree: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Internship: Botsford Hospital, Farmington Hills, Michigan
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Botsford Hospital, Farmington Hills, Michigan
- Sports Medicine Orthopedic Surgery Fellowship: The University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- Texas Osteopathic Medical Association
- Michigan Osteopathic Association
- Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital, Commerce Township, MI
- Ascension Providence Hospital, Novi Campus (formerly Providence Park Hospital), Novi, MI
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills (formerly Botsford Hospital), Farmington Hills, MI
Meet Dr. Mark Kwartowitz