Lederman Kwartowitz Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine (LKO) is committed to ensuring the safety of our patients and staff. We remain open and committed to providing the best care to our patients and delivering this care in the safest ways possible.
We are seeing patients 5 days a week both in the clinic and physical therapy.
In light of guidance from the CDC and the Governor’s office, we are taking the following steps to help stop the spread of COVID-19 while also attending to the orthopedic and pain management needs of our community:
- A screening process upon arrival where a member of our team asks a few CDC-guided questions and performs a touch-free temperature check
- Limiting the number of individuals coming into our facility
- Requiring that our patients and employees wear facial coverings when not able to practice social distancing
- Hospital-grade disinfection of all areas. All of our clinic areas will continue to be sanitized with hospital-grade disinfectant between every patient
- For those that are not comfortable coming in, we have the ability to remotely care for our patients via telemedicine consultations
Please note: Patients who do come to the office for in-person visits should attend these appointments alone or with no more than one family member or friend to reduce social interactions. We ask that if you are sick (fever, coughing, shortness of breath or any respiratory illnesses), please call 248-669-2000 to see if we can schedule you for a telemedicine visit instead. We will be actively observing and screening patients who may exhibit respiratory symptoms in our offices. Individuals who arrive with fever or respiratory illness will be asked to reschedule their appointments to a later date in order to minimize the risk to other patients and staff.
The entire LKO team will continue doing our best to provide excellent orthopedic care to our current and future patients during this difficult time.