Lederman Kwartowitz Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine (LKO) is committed to ensuring the safety of our patients and staff. We are remaining open during this challenging time to treat patients and ensure that we are doing our part to alleviate the pressure on the over-burdened hospital systems.
LKO is open and available to treat all patients in the Metro Detroit area that have an acute orthopedic injury, severe pain, fractures or broken bones, flare-ups, sprains and strains, or difficulty with daily activities.
We have the ability to remotely care for our patients via telemedicine consultations, and if deemed necessary, we’ve taken the steps to be able to safely bring you into the office for treatment.
In light of guidance from the CDC and the Governor’s office, we are taking the following steps to help stop the spread of COVID-19 while also attending to the orthopedic and pain management needs of our community:
- A screening process upon arrival where a member of our team asks a few CDC-guided questions and performs a touch-free temperature check
- Limiting the number of individuals coming into our facility
- Requesting that our patients and employees wear facial coverings when not able to practice social distancing
- Offering Telemedicine appointments to care for our patients remotely
- Hospital-grade disinfection of all areas. All of our clinic areas will continue to be sanitized with hospital-grade disinfectant between every patient
As more COVID-19 cases are confirmed throughout the Metro Detroit area, LKO would like to be a resource for the community. By being open, this will allow patients with orthopedic and pain management issues to limit their exposure to COVID-19.
The entire LKO team will continue doing our best to provide excellent orthopedic care to our current and future patients during this difficult time.