2019 is right around the corner! What are your new year’s resolutions?
Like many of us here at LKO, your goals may focus on family and spending more time with them or finally running a marathon. Deciding what your goals are is the easy part… the hard part is finding the time and dedication to get it done!
Statistically speaking, only 9% of people will accomplish the goals they set for the new year! How can you be one of the 9%? We have some ideas and tips to help all of us have a happier and healthier 2019!
- Set short-term goals that will contribute to a long-term result. Setting smaller, more manageable goals can be less daunting & can yield better results down the road.
- Focus on how you’ll achieve your goals, not the actual outcome. Is your goal to lose a few pounds? Commit to eating better and working out more rather than just a number you want to see on the scale.
- Schedule time to work toward your goals. Assign time on your calendar to work on your resolutions just as you would any important work or social obligations.
- Have a Buddy. Having a friend or family member working toward the same goals can be very helpful. You can help hold each other accountable.
- Put your goals somewhere you will see them. Seeing your goals visually in a regular spot will help you stay committed. Your phone or computer screen is a great place for this!
- Track your progress. There are numerous tools online and, on your phone, to help you track health, fitness, financial, and other goals.
- Celebrate success. Reward yourself for doing a great job! A little positive reinforcement can really help you go the distance.
- Reassess as needed. If you find that you are struggling to meet your new year’s resolutions, take a step back and adjust your expectations. It doesn’t mean that you are giving up, maybe you just need to change course a bit.
If LKO can help you with any of your health goals in 2019, please feel free to contact us at 248-669-2000 or email us at email@example.com! We’re with you! Happy 2019!